Back To Your Roots, 2020 is pleased to bring you nationally renown Masters in their fields along with other academics, farmers, ranchers, and value-added producers to share their knowledge as we work together to rebuild our local food system. Join us for a transformational event!
The goals of the conference are:
- Advance sustainable agriculture as a tool for community revitalization in parishes facing persistent poverty by rebuilding the local food system and supporting other creative placemaking initiatives.
- Educate the public on the environmental benefits of organic production and the mutually beneficial programs provided by USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Inspire a new generation of farmers.Last, but definitely not least, dispel the myth that you can't make money farming!
THE NEED: Rebuild Our Local Food System, The Backbone Of Rural Economies
THE FACTS: Persistent Poverty Is Stifling Our Rural Communities
THE ANSWER: Empower A New Generation Of Farmers With Models That Are Financially Lucrative, Replicable And Scalable To Infuse Innovation And Sustainable Entrepreneurship Into Our Rural Economies
Full Conference General Admission - $150
(Includes All Virtual Sessions & Farm Tours, Farm-to-Table Lunches Friday - Sunday)
- Young farmers, 12 and under may accompany a parent/guardian at no additional charge.
- Scholarships are available.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing reasonable accommodations or who have questions about physical access may contact Donna Isaacs at 318-521-4998 prior to the meeting or event.